In June we moved into a new apartment WITH a backyard! The backyard was pretty messy, Thank you Mulberry tree, so it took me a little bit to get it cleaned up and ready for real life things.
During Mission Backyard Overhaul we decided that a DIY project was necessary! Intro the Shibori Tie dye experiment. There are a few things I suggest when you decide that you want to pursue this. 1. have enough space that you don't mind getting dyed blue. 2. be ready for a bad smell. 3. bring a bunch of fabric because this is awesome!
For this round I focused on making two things, napkins and a patio shade cover. Check out the process photos bellow for a glimpse inside how this all worked.